Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Intro.

Like every good book I suppose this blog needs an introduction. I am writing this blog because, like many of you out there, my husband lost his job. It happened 5 months ago and, as many people are, we were totally shocked. I always thought that people lost their jobs because they were lazy or incompetent or they disobeyed orders. My husband was the hardest most loyal worker I had ever seen, that was part of the reason I fell in love with him. Needless to say we have had our ups and downs in the past 5 months, but as of yet, he has yet to find steady work. Every day I see him fight for even the smallest jobs to make ends meet and I must say that I am more proud of him now than I have ever been.
What happens when life gives you lemons? Make lemonade....or just throw them at someone....whatever floats your boat. I have become extremely creative and resourceful with our current budget restrictions. I have started a notebook with my reviews on places based on how much fun they are and on how much they cost in relation to what they offer. I will also review restaurants based on cost, quality of food and family friendliness. Hopefully my reviews and research will give you some insight into some of the places in the Dallas area that are great for busy moms on a budget! Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment